REMEMBER THAT JOHN DENVER SONG "SOME DAYS ARE DIAMONDS, SOME DAYS ARE STONES"? WELL, I'VE HAD COUPLE A COUPLE OF STONES IN A ROW. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT? PROBABLY DO. I GET IN MY OWN WAY SOMETIME. A LOT. I'M THINKING, HOWEVER, THAT IT'S ALL A PART OF GROWING IN GOD'S KINGDOM. I'M REALLY GLAD I'M LEARNING TO WORSHIP. WHEN I WORSHIP, IT TAKES MY MIND OFF OF MY DEAL AND PUTS IT ON HIM. I SO LIKE THAT. REMEMBER WHEN WE READ ABOUT HABAKUK AND THAT GREAT LINE: ...though the fig tree doesn't bud and there are no grapes on the vine, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food....though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls...I will rejoice in the Lord anyway. I will be joyful in God my Saviour... REMEMBER WE TALKED ABOUT VISION? I WANT TO HAVE A VISION LIKE THAT. I WILL FACE THINGS IN LIFE WHERE THINGS DON'T TURN OUT THE WAY I WANT THEM TO. IN THOSE DAYS I WANT WORSHIP TO FLOW NATURALLY.
"GOD, YOU MADE THE EARTH. YOU MADE THE BIG BEAUTIFUL MOON I SAW TONIGHT. YOU'RE MY WHOLE HOPE. YOU ARE WAY BIGGER THAN MY FRUSTRATIONS. I'M FRUSTRATED. I'M GOING TO PRAISE YOU ANYWAY. YOU ARE A GOOD GOD. I PRAISE YOU RIGHT NOW."
HEY, HOW ABOUT READING MATTHEW 6:9-13 A COUPLE OF TIMES BEFORE SUNDAY AND MEDITATE SOME ON THAT FAMILIAR PASSAGE. LOOKING FORWARD TO TALKING TO YOU ABOUT IT.
GO GIRLS! IN THE WALK/RUN TOMORROW! I'M WAY PROUD OF YA'LL.
GORDON'S TEAM WON TODAY.
LOVE YA'LL. YA'LL LOVE EACH OTHER.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
yay Gordon!!!
When will we know how Luda's meeting went?
I hear ya on having a few "stone days"
Amy
Yea- I know the feeling as well.... What has been hard for me lately (since I have been trying to think about it anyway-) is to not forget "The Kingdom" as I run violently through my busy days... It is ultra hard to remember which things are urgent and which are important... Sometime I feel like I must be a rat- 'cause I am definitely in the race. Thank you God for the constant reminders and for "looking Down In Love"
Robert, Jeff, Amy and "Yours Truly" met last night at TBR and practiced for Sunday. I really enjoy that because it is a ministry for us right now- Something we can do to help- and that breaks up a work week nicely. GO BID RED! Dudley R.I.P.
Todd
Awww Poor Dudley. Putting a dog down is so hard. Hope everyone is coping well.
Congrats to Gordon!!
Have we heard from Jeb??? Been thinking about them all morning.
Has anyone heard anything about Jeb and Luda?
Post a Comment