Sunday, September 28, 2008

THANKS LADIES

IT IS REALLY SPECIAL TO ME THAT YOU LADIES SPENT YOUR AFTERNOON YESTERDAY WITH LUDA. SHE AND I WENT FOR A RIDE IN THE EVENING AND SHE TOLD ME THAT NORMALLY SHE DOESN'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH PEOPLE SHE DOESN'T KNOW, BUT THAT SHE FELT SO COMFORTABLE WITH YOU ALL. THAT'S WAY SPECIAL. IMAGINE WHAT YOU MIGHT FEEL LIKE LEAVING YOUR HOME GOING TO A PEOPLE YOU NEVER MET. IT'S A FEARFUL TIME. OF COURSE, YOU WERE ALL IN YOUR ELEMENT, THE DEPARTMENT STORE. AGAIN, I'M GRATEFUL.

WHAT DID WE SAY YESTERDAY?
LIVING THE "KINGDOM" LIFE STARTS HERE ON EARTH - NOT WHEN WE DIE. LIVE IT NOW.
IF WE WANT IT - WE NEED TIME WITH GOD. ALONE.
AND - TIME IN HIS WORD.
BECAUSE - WE NEED TO TRANSFORM OUR MINDS. APART FROM GOD AND HIS WORD, OUR MINDS ARE CHAOS.

ARE WE MEETING AT 6:30 OR 7 WED.? SUPPER OR NO? I FORGOT TO CONFIRM THAT YESTERDAY.
WEDNESDAY STARTS A REALLY GOOD FOR US SERIES. "JUST WALK ACROSS THE ROOM" BY BILL HYBELS.

NEXT SUNDAY IS "GENESIS SUNDAY". WE OFFICIALLY BEGIN. PRETTY NEAT!!!

YA'LL ARE GREAT. GLAD TO BE IN THIS THING WITH YA'LL.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I forgot to line up the meals... Mom said she can do the meal this Wednesday, and we can all bring pot-luck on Sunday for lunch.

Anonymous said...

I had a blast yesterday, by the way! And am looking forward to the wedding and all the details that come with it!

Todd Sutherland said...

Katie,
I thought I made it quite clear yesterday that we were going to call it "Smorgasbord" not "Potluck". I am eternally offended- now I am just going to bring Brussels sprouts. (No wait- then you guys might tell me I have to eat them.... Better think about that one...)

I really enjoyed the topic yesterday. I think that each time we discuss "Kingdom Living" it sinks in a little more- and we get a little closer.... It makes good sense that we control our thoughts, it seems that we must think about "The Kingdom" to experience it. May it always be at the forefront of our minds this week. I can already tell you that it is going to be a busy, stressful week. The joy of it though, is that I am beginning to learn that the economy, our jobs, the "urgent things", although important, aren't the only things worth focusing on. I thoroughly enjoyed the idea of living in "The Kingdom" right now. We don't have to wait? Awesome.... Let's Get Started!

Todd

Anonymous said...

sorry Todd! I didn't know how to spell it:) but "Smorgasbord" it is!