I SAW MY FIRST FLOCK OF GEESE HEADED SOUTH FOR THIS YEAR. NOW, THERE MAY HAVE BEEN MANY FLOCKS ALREADY, BUT THIS WAS THE FIRST ONE I'VE SEEN. FOR SOME REASON, THAT'S ALWAYS A NOSTALGIC SIGHT FOR ME. IT REMINDS ME THAT ANOTHER FALL IS HERE. IT SIGNALS A CHANGE OF SEASON. TIME IS PASSING. HOW MANY FALL AND WINTERS HAVE I ALREADY SEEN? HOW MANY MORE WILL I SEE. LIFE IS SPEEDING BY. AM I MAKING THE MOST OF IT. I ONLY HAVE ONE. I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO MAKE THE MOST OF IT AND DO ALL I CAN TO EXPAND HIS KINGDOM. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, ALL THESE THOUGHTS PASSED THROUGH MIND MIND WATCHING GEESE.
THE NEXT STEPS
WE'LL CONTINUE OUR "NEXT STEPS" SERIES SUNDAY. I'VE REALLY ENJOYED GOING THROUGH THAT SERIES WITH YOU.
V
I
M
WE'LL KNOW FELLOWSHIP WITH THE FATHER AS WE DO THE THINGS THAT JESUS DID TO FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM.
SOLITUDE. BEING ALONE WITH HIM. PRAYER.
TRANSFORMING OUR MINDS THROUGH SCRIPTURE.
THEN, BELONGING TO A COMMUNITY LIKE OURS.
WHAT'S NEXT?-----SUNDAY.
GOT ANOTHER ROB BELL FOR YOU SUNDAY. HE ALWAYS MAKES ME THINK. WE NEED TO BE THINKING. I THINK YOU'LL LIKE IT. I PRAY GOD WILL USE IT.
WANT YOU TO KNOW, WE GOT A GOOD GROUP.
LOVE YA'LL, YA'LL LOVE EACH OTHER.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Boy---if there was ever a time I was ready for Sunday to come it would be this week! It has been a CRAZY week!
The good news is we Finished the basement Friday night!
See everybody Sunday! Love all of y'all!
Amy
Thanks for taking the time to record the message for this morning-- it was so good and so needed:) I am SO human-I need reminders!
Can you post the link to the Rob Bell things that I've missed during Sunday School? The one from today and the 1st one- Thomas said it was on worship-- from several weeks ago...
YAY! "Wedding Week" is finally here! I'm SO excited for Jeb and Luda!
Has anyone noticed that I say SO like every sentence? hmmmm I need a new word.
:) kt
Post a Comment